Walk out from your school, home, or place of work on 9/20 at 9 AM! Attend an action around the city, then meet up at 12 PM at the Texas
Walk out from your school, home, or place of work on 9/20 at 9 AM! Attend an action around the city, then meet up at 12 PM at the Texas Capitol Building for a program of speakers and a networking opportunity to meet more like-minded people and organizations!
Our Demands (a working list that we are still growing in order to represent the interests of people across Austin and beyond):
- The City Of Austin MUST divest all monies from the fossil fuel industry by 2030
- The Lower Colorado River Authority and Austin Energy MUST close Fayette Coal Plant
- The State Of Texas MUST declare a robust climate emergency plan
- The City Of Austin MUST close Austin Energy’s coal and natural gas plants by 2025 and provide workers with just transitions and training to jobs in renewable energy
- The State of Texas MUST promise to have 100% renewable electricity generation by 2050 and give an update every 5 years
9 AM – Walk out from your school, workplace, or home for a morning of actions around town! (locations TBA — visit austinclimatecoalition.org to stay updated)
12 – 3 PM – Meet at the Capitol for speakers, activities, tabling, and more! Family-friendly. Don’t forget your REUSABLE water bottle, umbrella, and sunscreen!
FREE, no cover
Austin Climate CoalitionAn intersectional network of faith groups, organizations, small businesses, and creatives in Austin dedicated to destroying the root of the climate crisis at a local firstname.lastname@example.org