Check out the video for Austin singer-songwriter Julie Nolen’s full-band live version of her single “Hey Bartender” from her album Songs of Dignity & Grit. The video was meant to promote Julie’s “Tip Your Bartender” live online performance series on Monday nights to raise money for the the USBG relief fund to help bartenders and hospitality workers affected by the global COVID-19 pandemic.
“I have always loved bartenders,” Nolen tells Country Queer. “Many a beautiful barkeep has captured my heart, and some of my best friends are bartenders, so I wrote this song as an ode to my many loves. Right now, with the bars and restaurants shut down due to stay-at-home orders, our local bartenders – friends and confidants – are all waiting on assistance, or moving on to other jobs. I offer up this video as a tribute to our beloved mixologists and as a reminder to tip the person who’s given you so many memorable nights.”
The video, by Christina Fedderson, premiered on Country Queer, and features Julie’s full band with Hunter St Marie on lead guitar, Brannan Lane on drums and Rusty Keith on bass.
Check out these social media links for more information about Julie Nolen:
- Website – www.julienolen.com
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/julienolenmusic/
- Twitter – www.twitter.com/julsnol
- Instagram – www.instagram.com/julsnol
- SoundCloud – www.soundcloud.com/julie-nolen
- iTunes – itunes.apple.com/us/artist/julie-nolen/id1067670720
- YouTube – www.youtube.com/channel/UCCMYSQsLkN1p37puhMHUCiA