Connect with us

Published

on

Austin-based, Latin pop songstress Gina Chavez released the music video for her single, “Let It Out,” off her new EP “Lightbeam”.

“I’ll never forget the night we played in Saudi Arabia,” said Gina Chavez. “We were in an open courtyard of the U.S. Embassy performing for thousands of Saudi youth when it started to rain. A young man told me he knew all the words to my songs and then passed me a note about his tragic experiences being gay in Riyadh. This song is for him. This song is for the girls in Jordan who wanted to meet me after the show, but weren’t allowed to get too close. It’s for the women in Uzbekistan who leapt to their feet, all smiles and arms in the air when they heard an American sing in Uzbek. It’s for all the beautiful people around the world who, just like us, want to be let it out and be celebrated for who they are.”

Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links where, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission when products are purchased through links on our website.

“Let It Out” is the third single off Gina Chavez’s brand new EP “Lightbeam” , and is available for download and streaming on Amazon and iTunes.

LINKS

Check out these social media links for more information about Gina Chavez:

Continue Reading
Comments

Music

Cameron Hawthorn: “Dancing in the Living Room”

Published

on

Cameron Hawthorn

Kansas-based country singer Cameron Hawthorn dropped the video for his latest single, “Dancing in the Living Room”; his first release since coming out to his fans on social media back in November 2018.

The video features intimate scenes of several couples dancing together in their home — including a lesbian couple, a senior couple and Hawthorn with his partner.

“I remember always thinking how special it was to dance freely with my boyfriend in the living room of our apartment — being gay, it’s not as easy to dance as a couple in public together as it is for a straight couple,” Hawthorn told The Advocate. “I wanted to express how special that moment is for a couple, when it’s just the two of you in the privacy of your own four walls.”

Hawthorn originally came out on social media back in November 2018 after watching Boy Erased.

“I just saw two movies, two nights in a row. The first was Boy Erased, last night. I saw it with one of my friends who is gay. This movie is about standing up for who you are in the face of people who want to deny you of your truth. My friend does that each and every day. And I’m proud to call him a friend because of that and much more.

“But you see, I’m also gay. And I haven’t felt like I could say that proudly until very recently. My journey getting here has taken many years and hasn’t been easy. There has been a lot of confusion, doubt, heartbreak and pain along the way. But also a lot of freedom, openness, and love. I’m so happy that I can finally stand proud in being who I am. And owning that whole-heartedly.

“I sadly and narrow-mindedly used to think that when people “came out”, they had lost themselves, given themselves up to the wrong “sinful” side, and just simply given up. But that is actually the complete opposite of what coming out is. It’s finding yourself, understanding yourself more fully, believing that you were made exactly the way you were supposed to be made.

“Seeing Boy Erased made me feel that undeniable feeling even more.”

View this post on Instagram

Wrote this last night and keep rereading it and rereading it. But here we go: Let me first say as I type this, I’m not sure if I’ll actually post it. But I’ve been wanting to for so long and I hope I do because it’s time. I just saw two movies, two nights in a row. The first was Boy Erased, last night. I saw it with one of my friends who is gay. This movie is about standing up for who you are in the face of people who want to deny you of your truth. My friend does that each and every day. And I’m proud to call him a friend because of that and much more. But you see, I’m also gay. And I haven’t felt like I could say that proudly until very recently. My journey getting here has taken many years and hasn’t been easy. There has been a lot of confusion, doubt, heartbreak and pain along the way. But also a lot of freedom, openness, and love. I’m so happy that I can finally stand proud in being who I am. And owning that whole-heartedly. I sadly and narrow-mindedly used to think that when people “came out”, they had lost themselves, given themselves up to the wrong “sinful” side, and just simply given up. But that is actually the complete opposite of what coming out is. It’s finding yourself, understanding yourself more fully, believing that you were made exactly the way you were supposed to be made. Seeing Boy Erased made me feel that undeniable feeling even more. Tonight I saw Bohemian Rhapsody, the life story of Freddie Mercury. As an artist, I’m blown away and inspired beyond words. As a gay artist, I’m so ready to tell my story and sing my truth to the world. I am, have always been and will always be Cameron. I’m so ready for the ride ahead and THANK YOU and LOVE YOU to those who have been by my side through it all. Another great movie if you haven’t seen it…Won’t You Be My Neighbor? “Nobody else can live the life you live. And even though no human being is perfect, we always have the chance to bring what’s unique about us to live in a redeeming way.” -Mr. Rogers ❤️

A post shared by Cameron Hawthorn (@cmrnhwthrn) on

Artist Links

Continue Reading

Music

Calum Scott: “No Matter What”

U.K. artist and songwriter Calum Scott releases a video for his latest single, “No Matter What.” The video was directed by Ozzie Pullin, who also directed Calum’s video for “What I Miss Most.”

Published

on

The powerfully emotional video for “No Matter What,” details Calum’s journey of acceptance both of himself and of his family. It’s the perfect accompaniment to “No Matter What,” which Calum calls “without question, the most personal song I have ever written and the one I am most proud of. It’s a song born from loneliness and the heartbreaking but liberating tale of my coming-out experience. What I love about this song is that it isn’t just limited to a story of sexual identity, but about the relationship between parent and child and acceptance as a whole.”

Calum will release a Special Edition of his breakout debut album Only Human on November 30th. The album includes Calum’s hit single “You Are The Reason,” which is already certified Gold and has amassed almost 1 billion streams worldwide with over 330 million combined video views alone. His track “What I Miss Most,” which unfolds as a triumphant homage to his Northern England hometown, and version of “White Christmas” are both out now and available on the Special Edition album.

Billboard said, “Scott’s stunningly pure voice is affecting enough in itself, but his lyrics on every one of the [album’s] tracks are vulnerable and raw.” The Huffington Post says, “Calum Scott makes an impressive splash with his compelling debut album.” Calum was nominated for a Brit Award for Best Single, for his version of Robyn’s “Dancing On My Own,” which became a global sensation with over 1.5 billion streams worldwide, and is now Platinum in five countries.

“No Matter What” is available through most online outlets, including Amazon and iTunes

LINKS

Check out these social media links for more information about Calum Scott:

Continue Reading

Music

Adrian Conner: “Unspeakable”

Local Austin songwriter Adrian Conner has released the video for the single “Unspeakable” from her latest EP, Spaz Kitty, released this past May. The video and song speak to the dynamics being in a ongoing three way way relationship of which I spent 5 years exploring,” explains Conner.

Published

on

“The actual song lyrics are about an unwanted crush or unwanted romantic attention regardless of gender boundaries. ‘I’m not your girlfriend. I’m a Goddess.’ As the pop melody unfolds the intensity of band kicks up and crescendos into a dissipating electronic beat with the heartbroken lines. ‘You make me wanna disappear into sound’ Because music is the ultimate escape from an impossible situation if you let it.”

“Unspeakable” is on the Spaz Kitty EP, available through most online outlets, including Amazon and iTunes.

The five songs from the Spaz Kitty EP explore combining electronic music with the full on rock band. Conner explains, “Experimenting with DAW’s has opened up songwriting for me and enabled me to be more prolific than ever before.”

Her affection for all things rock n’ roll is evidenced by the fact that she has spent 17 years as the lead guitarist in Hell’s Belles, the highly touted all female AC/DC tribute band from Seattle. She serves in a similar capacity for the Judas Priest tribute Belles Bent For Leather. And most recently the exciting pair up of fellow tribute band pioneer Clementine of Zepparella to form the Dream Pop band Beaux Cheveux.

LINK

Check out these social media links for more information about Adrian Conner:

Continue Reading

march 2019

Filter Events

21mar7:00 PM9:00 PMDrag BingoHost by Vegas Van Cartier7:00 PM - 9:00 PM BT2 AustinCategories:DragAges:21+

21mar(mar 21)8:30 PM22(mar 22)12:00 AMTexas Hold'em TournamentHosted by Wild West Casino Games8:30 PM - 12:00 AM (22) BT2 AustinCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

21mar(mar 21)10:00 PM22(mar 22)2:00 AMDown & Dirty Thursday ft. DJ ProtégéAll-Male Amateur StripOff ft. Bobby Cook & Sabel Scities10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (22) Rain on 4thCategories:NightlifeAges:18+

21mar(mar 21)10:00 PM22(mar 22)2:00 AMCountry Nightft. DJ Michael Bond10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (22) Oilcan Harry'sCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

21mar(mar 21)11:00 PM22(mar 22)2:00 AMDivas on 4thHosted by Nadine Hughes11:00 PM - 2:00 AM (22) Sellers UndergroundCategories:Drag,NightlifeAges:21+

22mar7:00 PM10:30 PMTexas Hold'em TournamentHosted by ADA Hold'em7:00 PM - 10:30 PM Oilcan Harry'sCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

22mar10:00 PM2:00 AMFriday Night ft. DJ KAHLU10:00 PM - 2:00 AM Oilcan Harry'sCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

22mar(mar 22)10:00 PM23(mar 23)2:00 AMFriday Night ft. DJ Protégé10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (23) Rain on 4thCategories:NightlifeAges:18+

23mar9:30 AM11:00 AMBig Boi Yoga9:30 AM - 11:00 AM TransformCategories:FitnessAges:All Ages

23mar11:00 AM12:00 PMAustin Prime Timer Koffee Klatsch11:00 AM - 12:00 PM BookPeopleCategories:LGBTQ+Ages:All Ages

23mar(mar 23)10:00 PM24(mar 24)2:00 AMBody BeautifulHosted by Vegas Van Cartier & Rachel Mykels10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (24) Sellers UndergroundCategories:Drag,NightlifeAges:21+

23mar(mar 23)10:00 PM24(mar 24)2:00 AMSaturday Night ft. DJ Eriq Stylez10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (24) Oilcan Harry'sCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

23mar(mar 23)10:00 PM24(mar 24)2:00 AMSaturday Night ft. DJ Dallas Downs10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (24) Rain on 4thCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

24mar2:00 PM9:00 PMSunday Beer BustFt. DJ Todd2:00 PM - 9:00 PM The Iron BearCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

24mar3:00 PM9:00 PMSunday Funday ft. DJ KAHLU3:00 PM - 9:00 PM Rain on 4thCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

24mar4:30 PM8:00 PMTexas Hold'em TournamentHosted by ADA Hold'em4:30 PM - 8:00 PM Sellers UndergroundCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

24mar5:00 PM7:00 PMDrag BingoHost by Vegas Van Cartier5:00 PM - 7:00 PM BT2 AustinCategories:DragAges:21+

24mar7:00 PM10:00 PMDirty Bird Drag Queen BingoHost by Lady Grackle Birdbreath7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Highland LoungeCategories:DragAges:21+

24mar(mar 24)9:00 PM25(mar 25)2:00 AM#TheWrapUp ft. DJ Dallas Downs9:00 PM - 2:00 AM (25) Rain on 4thCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

24mar(mar 24)9:30 PM25(mar 25)2:00 AMPlanet Fabulous KaraokeHosted by Murrah Noble9:30 PM - 2:00 AM (25) The Iron BearCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

24mar(mar 24)10:00 PM25(mar 25)2:00 AMLate Night KaraokeHosted by Colleen DeForrest10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (25) Highland LoungeCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

24mar(mar 24)10:00 PM25(mar 25)2:00 AMSuper Sunday Diva Show10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (25) Oilcan Harry'sCategories:DragAges:18+

24mar(mar 24)10:00 PM25(mar 25)2:00 AMKreamHosted by Cupcake10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (25) Sellers UndergroundCategories:Drag,NightlifeAges:21+

24mar(mar 24)10:00 PM25(mar 25)2:00 AMLatin Night ft. DJ PM10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (25) BT2 AustinCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

25mar7:00 PM9:00 PMCupcake Bar Trivia7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Rain on 4thCategories:Drag,NightlifeAges:21+

25mar(mar 25)10:00 PM26(mar 26)2:00 AMMartinis & KaraokeHosted by Danny Pintauro10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (26) Rain on 4thCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

25mar(mar 25)10:00 PM26(mar 26)2:00 AMGame Night10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (26) Oilcan Harry'sCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

26mar6:00 PM7:00 PMBeginner Yoga with Kirk6:00 PM - 7:00 PM TransformCategories:FitnessAges:All Ages

26mar7:00 PM10:00 PMOpen Mic NightHosted by Sheena Simmons7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Sellers UndergroundCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

26mar7:15 PM8:45 PMBig Boi Yoga7:15 PM - 8:45 PM TransformCategories:FitnessAges:All Ages

26mar8:00 PM11:00 PMTexas Hold'em TournamentHosted by Wild West Casino Games8:00 PM - 11:00 PM The Iron BearCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

26mar(mar 26)9:00 PM27(mar 27)12:00 AMDrag Class: Semester 7Hosted by Sabel Scities9:00 PM - 12:00 AM (27) Rain on 4thCategories:DragAges:18+

26mar(mar 26)10:30 PM27(mar 27)2:00 AMDinner & A MovieHosted by Jeremy & Nadine Hughes10:30 PM - 2:00 AM (27) Sellers UndergroundCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

26mar(mar 26)11:00 PM27(mar 27)1:00 AMDrag Battle Royal11:00 PM - 1:00 AM (27) BT2 AustinCategories:DragAges:21+

27mar6:00 PM8:00 PMSteak Night6:00 PM - 8:00 PM BT2 AustinCategories:Food,NightlifeAges:21+

27mar6:30 PM8:00 PMWorkout! Wednesday w/ Erica Nix6:30 PM - 8:00 PM TransformCategories:FitnessAges:All Ages

27mar7:00 PM10:00 PMTexas Hold'em TournamentHosted by ADA Hold'em7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Detour Neighborhood Bar DomainCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

27mar7:00 PM9:00 PMThe Q Austin × Core Group7:00 PM - 9:00 PM The Q AustinCategories:LGBTQ+Ages:All Ages

27mar(mar 27)9:30 PM28(mar 28)2:00 AMPlanet Fabulous KaraokeHosted by Murrah Noble9:30 PM - 2:00 AM (28) The Iron BearCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

27mar(mar 27)10:00 PM28(mar 28)2:00 AMLIVE KaraokeHosted by Evelyn Syde10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (28) Sellers UndergroundCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

28mar7:00 PM9:00 PMDrag BingoHost by Vegas Van Cartier7:00 PM - 9:00 PM BT2 AustinCategories:DragAges:21+

28mar(mar 28)8:30 PM29(mar 29)12:00 AMTexas Hold'em TournamentHosted by Wild West Casino Games8:30 PM - 12:00 AM (29) BT2 AustinCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

28mar(mar 28)10:00 PM29(mar 29)2:00 AMCountry Nightft. DJ Michael Bond10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (29) Oilcan Harry'sCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

28mar(mar 28)10:00 PM29(mar 29)2:00 AMDown & Dirty Thursday ft. DJ ProtégéAll-Male Amateur StripOff ft. Bobby Cook & Sabel Scities10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (29) Rain on 4thCategories:NightlifeAges:18+

28mar(mar 28)11:00 PM29(mar 29)2:00 AMDivas on 4thHosted by Nadine Hughes11:00 PM - 2:00 AM (29) Sellers UndergroundCategories:Drag,NightlifeAges:21+

29mar7:00 PM10:30 PMTexas Hold'em TournamentHosted by ADA Hold'em7:00 PM - 10:30 PM Oilcan Harry'sCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

29mar(mar 29)10:00 PM30(mar 30)2:00 AMFriday Night ft. DJ Protégé10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (30) Rain on 4thCategories:NightlifeAges:18+

29mar10:00 PM2:00 AMFriday Night ft. DJ KAHLU10:00 PM - 2:00 AM Oilcan Harry'sCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

30mar9:30 AM11:00 AMBig Boi Yoga9:30 AM - 11:00 AM TransformCategories:FitnessAges:All Ages

30mar11:00 AM12:00 PMAustin Prime Timer Koffee Klatsch11:00 AM - 12:00 PM BookPeopleCategories:LGBTQ+Ages:All Ages

30mar(mar 30)10:00 PM31(mar 31)2:00 AMBody BeautifulHosted by Vegas Van Cartier & Rachel Mykels10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (31) Sellers UndergroundCategories:Drag,NightlifeAges:21+

30mar(mar 30)10:00 PM31(mar 31)2:00 AMSaturday Night ft. DJ Eriq Stylez10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (31) Oilcan Harry'sCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

30mar(mar 30)10:00 PM31(mar 31)2:00 AMSaturday Night ft. DJ Dallas Downs10:00 PM - 2:00 AM (31) Rain on 4thCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

31mar2:00 PM9:00 PMSunday Beer BustFt. DJ Todd2:00 PM - 9:00 PM The Iron BearCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

31mar3:00 PM9:00 PMSunday Funday ft. DJ KAHLU3:00 PM - 9:00 PM Rain on 4thCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

31mar4:30 PM8:00 PMTexas Hold'em TournamentHosted by ADA Hold'em4:30 PM - 8:00 PM Sellers UndergroundCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

31mar5:00 PM7:00 PMDrag BingoHost by Vegas Van Cartier5:00 PM - 7:00 PM BT2 AustinCategories:DragAges:21+

31mar7:00 PM10:00 PMDirty Bird Drag Queen BingoHost by Lady Grackle Birdbreath7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Highland LoungeCategories:DragAges:21+

31mar01apr#TheWrapUp ft. DJ Dallas Downs9:00 PM - (april 1) 2:00 AM Rain on 4thCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

31mar01aprPlanet Fabulous KaraokeHosted by Murrah Noble9:30 PM - (april 1) 2:00 AM The Iron BearCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

31mar01aprLate Night KaraokeHosted by Colleen DeForrest10:00 PM - (april 1) 2:00 AM Highland LoungeCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

31mar01aprLatin Night ft. DJ PM10:00 PM - (april 1) 2:00 AM BT2 AustinCategories:NightlifeAges:21+

31mar01aprSuper Sunday Diva Show10:00 PM - (april 1) 2:00 AM Oilcan Harry'sCategories:DragAges:18+

31mar01aprKreamHosted by Cupcake10:00 PM - (april 1) 2:00 AM Sellers UndergroundCategories:Drag,NightlifeAges:21+

Popular